Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Neulasta

My sister has dubbed it "Newcrappa", which is pretty on target. I am still feeling the side effects, and actually had to go to the dr yesterday due to chest pains. He thinks they are from the Neulasta...since I am young, there is still plenty of bone marrow in my ribs. The drug stimulates the bone marrow to produce more white blood cells, and it makes your bones hurt. I'm still having the pains today, plus some added hip pain. It's just an annoyance really....doesn't hurt too badly. I'm taking Advil, and it helps. But it is very annoying. Another reminder that I'm not "well". Plus, I'm not recovering as quickly from the chemo this time. Still having bouts of nausea today. Nothing too serious (i'm not taking the anti-nausea meds for it), but noticeable. I have a feeling it may take longer and longer to recover as the drugs build up in my system. *sigh*
On a good note, I asked my oncologist about having to spread my treatments out further due to the 'newcrappa'. He said that we will NOT be doing that and will continue on the every 2 week plan. (assuming I don't get sick or anything) H'ray!! I was very relieved to hear that. He also said that hopefully we won't have to do the newcrappa every time. That would also be wonderful as I could do w/out these extra side effects.

In the meantime, I am trying to keep my spirits up (or get them back up). I'm trying to stay strong in my faith that God has a plan for me here on Earth. I'm trying not to think about the 'what ifs'. I am enjoying my family and friends.

And I'm not worrying about the extra pounds, but buying nice, big, comfy sweatpants. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment