Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Mom

I am a genuinely happy SAHM. My kids give me joy. They make me smile, laugh, cry, scream, and sometimes want to pull my hair out. But mostly, they make me HAPPY.
Yesterday afternoon we took a road trip to Sioux City. My husband stayed behind to do some painting, so it was just me and the boys. We went to a park and sledded, snowboarded, and played on the playground equipment for 2 1/2 hours. It was a beautiful afternoon, and we soaked it all up. Afterwards, we ran to the mall so I could run an errand, and then hit the local Target store. And then we had a lovely dinner date....at McDonalds (their pick, of course). Sitting in the restaurant, eating and talking and laughing....I had a feeling of complete happiness.
Not once during the day did I think about cancer....about the what ifs.
It was a GREAT day and one i don't ever want to forget.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'm completely jealous!! Hold on to the memory of that day when you're feeling down!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love those moments?! And you know what...the boys will remember that day too!

    ReplyDelete