Tomorrow is a chemo day, which makes this weekend a really crappy weekend. And the weather is supposed to be beautiful, darnit! Blech. I'm trying very hard not to think about Saturday and just deal w/ it when it gets here, but it's hard.
After this treatment there are only 4 left. I say "only" but I don't really mean it. 4 is a HUGE number when you're talking about chemo treatments. It's forever. But, to keep perspective, it's a lot less than 12, which is where I started.
Perspective....i do have it. It just doesn't always help very much.
My uncle sent me a card this week. It says "If you're going through hell, keep going" (a quote by Winston Churchill).
Will do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yeah, the problem with perspective is that it does not erase the very real crappiness of your current situation. "It could be worse" does not magically make the scene "good." I'll add to Mr. Churhill's quote...
ReplyDelete"If you're going through hell, keep going. And it doesn't hurt to be heavily drugged during that trip. It's not one you want to remember for the scenery."
First of all...great quote! You certainly don't want to spend any more time there than you have to!
ReplyDeleteI'm guilty of thinking...only 4 more after tomorrow. However, as you pointed out, to you it seems like a HUGE number. I'll remember to keep YOUR point of view in perspective...and keep talking to God about you!