Monday, April 13, 2009

why be normal?

Sick of that last post are ya? Okay, here's a new one. :)

We had a really great Easter weekend. We went to my sisters house on Friday and went out w/ some great friends whom we haven't seen in over a year. It was FUN. I drank a little too much, stayed up a little too late......and then, of course, was punished by my 2 year old. He got up 3 times during the night, which meant that I also got up 3 times. Not to mention the fact that when I drink a little too much I can't sleep cause I get jittery. So a fun night out followed by a horrible night's sleep makes for one tired me the next day. Fortunately, Saturday the weather was PERFECT and we just hung out outside all day and I pretty much laid in the grass and took a little nap outdoors. It was wonderful. Except for the sunburn i got.....on my scalp! yeah...go figure.

Had bloodwork done today and we went w/ the "no news is good news" approach. My counts must have been okay cause I never heard anything. They did ask about when I was going to have the port removed. I'm going to talk to the dr about it on the 30th and see what he thinks. The nurses made it sound like it's really up to me. They said some people have a hard time w/ having it taken out cause it's like a security blanket for them. Others want it out right away. I must fall somewhere in the middle, cause i don't feel that strongly either way.

I've been feeling pretty good the past few days. Very "normal" (ie no side effects of chemo like bad taste in my mouth or just general blechiness). I had a slight freak out moment last night before I went to bed, but I'm guessing I'm going to have those from time to time. It's a new kind of normal I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment