Tuesday, April 7, 2009

almost there!

I had my FINAL treatment yesterday. Felt pretty sick and tired all day, but so far so good today. I get the pump off tomorrow around 11am and then I am officially DONE (knock on wood)!! I am very very very excited about this. I am actually very excited about next week and the next week when I don't have to face another round. Just the thought of that is almost mind-boggling at this point. Makes me a little giddy actually! :)

I had a great "graduation" ceremony. We sang pomp and circumstance as I was leaving oncology and then a bunch of friends came over w/ flowers and a graduation cap that one of them had made! Very funny and touching.

The support of my friends and family has been completely overwhelming and SO SOOOOOO appreciated. I know I will continue to rely on all of you for support in the coming months/years w/ follow-up appointments etc. Thank you for all of your positive thoughts and prayers.
Really.

3 comments:

  1. Sooooooooo proud of you! And I sooooo wish I could have been there w/ everyone. I'm missing you like crazy and just cannot wait to see you! Lots of hugs and kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOOORAY for you!!!! The thought of you being giddy makes me smile. You deserve some giddy after all the crap you have soldiered through. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Love to you! (this is Carrie)

    ReplyDelete