Wednesday, May 20, 2009

obits

I read the paper every morning. As a SAHM, I'm lucky enough to get to sleep in and then sit around in my pjs for as long as I choose. It's not a bad gig.
Anyway, I like to read the paper but my stomach goes into a knot every time I get to the obit section. I try really really hard to NOT look at it, but something inevitably catches my eye and I end up looking. My eyes search that section for the face of someone young....and then I have to read to see if it says how they died. 9 times out of 10 it's because of cancer. My heart aches and I say a quick prayer. I don't want to be that young face in the obit section.

I think I need to try a little harder to not look.

2 comments:

  1. they need to also have the page in the paper of all of the faces who have beat cancer and lived long lives. I want you on that page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm w/ Mia on that one...love you!

    ReplyDelete